Well done Oz, page-10

1. 44,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    cheers pugsley.... we don't have green bins but we do have compost heaps and a worm farm.

however I'm well aware that some families/people don't understand what materials should go in what bin. and unfortunately we have frequent appearances of rubbish dumped at various place from the roadside to down fire trails in the bush.

I understand the reasoning of charging at rubbish tips. councils have had to charge due to tighter controls over funding councils over the years. but how many times we see old mattresses, tyres and other rubbish dumped within a km of the tip gates. this seems to me to be a consequence of charging higher fees for various forms of rubbish.

if Govts weren't always promising lower taxes they'd be able to fund councils better and remove the rubbish tip costs. we might have less rubbish around towns and in the bush if tips were free.

but would this solve the problem of inappropriate asbestos in the domestic rubbish bins? I doubt it. some simply don't give a spit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.