MSB 0.00% $1.10 mesoblast limited

Hi Djaw,Great announcement on intervertebral disk repair.On the...

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Hi Djaw,

Great announcement on intervertebral disk repair.

On the back of possibly the most impressive pre clinical (large animal studies - Sept 2009) trials to date, MSB finally commences Phase II trials in disk repairs.

I just feel our CEO has been keeping this one up his sleave to introduce at the right time.This completes the Othopedic Franchise ( Spinal Fusion; ; fractures ; Knees ; now disks) with all applications now in Phase II and some aiming for Phase III.
    As mentioned in earlier ASX releases, we all know that Othopedics is the domain of the large pharma medical device company's.

Silviu says (in yesterdays ASX release) he believes MSB may have a breaktrough in reversing disc damage back to a healthy state. An unlikely statement by him (given his conservative nature -my opinion in listening to many of his AGM presentations).
    His confidence in the science however (to me)may explain the strong 100 patient Phase II trial commencement ( I could be wrong as this may have been an FDA requirement).

Also THANK YOU for posting the Life Scientist MSB article which really covers off on a number of points I mentioned above . This is what I took out from the article itself.

(1) On Othopedics..

.." In addition, moving more programmes into phase III particularly in orthopaedics. We now have the funds to do that as well - to take them right through to the end "..

(2) On continuing to look for new partnering opportunities..

.."However, this doesn't mean Itescu is planning to kick back and relax. While the plan is to focus on the existing pipeline, he intends to keep talking to the industry and keep his eyes open for any other potentially synergistic deals - or even acquisitions "..

(3) On Itescu's conservative nature..

..This is part and parcel of Itescu's approach."I think a successful company never feels like it can rest on its laurels. I'm always nervous, and we've got to keep hitting our milestones"..

(4) Finally, an update on the Big D.

.."We have a very broad pipeline,"says Itescu."There are a number of different areas we haven't yet focused on, particularly our intravenous product for a number of broad indications, areas as diverse as diabetes, and inflammatory and immunologic diseases.

We are in the process of making that formulation of cells and getting results across multiple animal studies and models and moving to clinical programmes in those disease states through the course of this year"...

Exciting times ahead fellow MSBers.
    The above is just my view.
    Please DYOR before making any decisions and Good luck to ALL holders.

Also thank you Vinny for your recent posts on MSB share movements - very much apprecaited.
    Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.13 $1.08 $5.380M 4.893M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 69437 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 19999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.