AJL 11.1% 1.0¢ aj lucas group limited

Here are a couple of recent UK oriented articles about...

1. 591 Posts.
    Here are a couple of recent UK oriented articles about cooling.

When I read them, I sensed that many people in the UK who blindly took 'warming' as 'gospel truth' will willingly switch or at least question the science behind warming.

I believe that news flows as shown in the links below have a high probability of changing the sentiment very abruptly and dramatically.

I believe that a powerful sentiment change is coming that will both undermine and discredit objections to exploration and production of gas (and hopefully oil) by Cuadrilla over the next year.

The recent protest at Balcombe would have looked very different if only a handful of protestors showed up. With a widespread perception change in the community, I think only a few protestors will demonstrate in the future in Balcombe style protests.

For what it is worth, I would prefer global warming to global cooling, but what I think will do nothing.

Interestingly, the 'fear' of the consequence of global cooling will probably have a much stronger effect on public attitudes and Govt. Policy than global warming.

If this years winter in the UK is particularly cold we will see many more 'global cooling' stories. Cuadrilla may even be in mainstream news stories being criticized for being too slow exploring and drilling enough wells.

I hope this post is not considered 'off topic' as the AJL (Cuadrilla) share price has taken a beating due to risks associated with exploration that are founded in 'global warming' arguments. If those arguments fall away, our share price will take off.

-----------------------------
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/posts/Real-risk-of-a-Maunder-minimum-Little-Ice-Age-says-leading-scientist

It’s known by climatologists as the ‘Little Ice Age’, a period in the 1600s when harsh winters across the UK and Europe were often severe.

The severe cold went hand in hand with an exceptionally inactive sun, and was called the Maunder solar minimum.

Now a leading scientist from Reading University has told me that the current rate of decline in solar activity is such that there’s a real risk of seeing a return of such conditions.

---------------------------

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2013/10/31/lawrence-solomon-a-global-cooling-consensus/

Solar activity is now falling more rapidly than at any time in the last 10,000 years

In the 1960s and 1970s, a growing scientific consensus held that the Earth was entering a period of global cooling. The CIA announced that the “Western world’s leading climatologists have confirmed recent reports of detrimental global climatic change” akin to the Little Ice Age of the 17th and 18th centuries, “an era of drought, famine and political unrest in the western world.” President Jimmy Carter signed the National Climate Program Act to deal with the coming global cooling crisis. Newsweek magazine published a chilling article entitled “The Cooling World.”

In the decades that followed, as temperatures rose, climate skeptics mocked the global cooling hypothesis and a new theory emerged — that Earth was in fact entering a period of global warming.

Now an increasing number of scientists are swinging back to the thinking of the 1960s and 1970s. The global cooling hypothesis may have been right after all, they say. Earth may be entering a new Little Ice Age.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $13.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $5.802K 638.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 120525 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 402270 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.