Hi rebel,Commiserations re the impending loos of your part-time...

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Hi rebel,

Commiserations re the impending loos of your part-time job.

With the "earn or learn" ethos being implemented for under 30's who need to access the dole, I think your project management and pop-up café experience will find you in good stead when the nitty gritty and final details of the process, funding and administration gets sorted. And it will have to be sorted relatively quickly. No harm in putting it out there and let the powers that be have you up front and personal when the inevitable chook-running occurs. I might even have a chat with Christopher Pyne and Penny Wong if I was you. Make an appointment to see both in their electoral offices asap. Set up a business. get an ABN and be ready to roll.

My son had lunch at a café in West End (Bris) recently which was conceived to employ, mentor and train a dozen and a half Eratrayan women who had little English skills and having trouble integrating into our way of life and cultures. The program is doing well. If you don't have train the trainer experience and qualifications it might help getting yourself off to TAFE and provide that piece of paper the powers that be might be looking for.

Good luck - nothing in life is set in concrete and I admire your persistence, a most under-rated but important quality I would look for in a job assessment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.