EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

Guys. I can fully understand your frustration (and Viney - I...

1. 7,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1005
    Guys. I can fully understand your frustration (and Viney - I take your point); but I am a glass half-full type of person and believe that you need to look forward, not backward (even if looking backward in this case tells us that the current EGO crew aren't exactly top shelf in terms of being able to deliver when it is needed). I also agree, 100%, that this company will only ever be half what it could have been if it had been managed better. When I look at MIN I see a marked difference: MIN, under Ellison (it is his baby, and he has a substantial portion of his wealth tied up in it, which is comforting) "do what they need to do", whereas our little EGO "fumble when there is no room for fumbles". There is a HUGE difference between the two. That's why now, not earlier, I decided to come back into the EGO realm, knowing that (a) the potential has never been unlocked by previous management, but is still there, and (b) MIN are the ones to force change. With MIN, it is not simply a "change of management" (per the last coup that took place), but is a full change in the way this company will be run, the way the company will seize opportunities, and the way company value will actually be unlocked. It is my firm belief that MIN are not simply a passive investor (like you or I - simply strapped in for the ride) but will actually bring about the changes needed. When that happens - be in 1 week or 1 year from now - I am firmly convinced that the SP to NTA ratio will move from the current 0.5 to 1, to something greater that 1 (in MIN's case it is closer to 2, reflecting market confidence not only in the underlying NTA, but also the future income streams and growth plans for the company).

So it matters not whether it is 34 cents, 32 cents, or 41 cents. In reality I am now convinced that those numbers are just entry points. My exit point (and target) for this company is a lot higher, particularly with Ellison in the driver's seat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.