CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

well, trigger me, page-32

1. 38,024 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 429

Hi Mann

The purpose for my original post was to draw attention to the following:

# trigger value >>> an agreed value which if exceeded warrants investigation and response ... it makes sense that trigger values are set well below anything that would be of actual or even potential harm to human health and/or the environment ... it also makes sense that a trigger value set around a drinking water standard is about "as low as you can go" ... and any potential for harm to human health and/or the environment is a long way above an "as low as you can go" trigger value.

# irrespective of Cougar agreeing to the Australian Drinking Water Guideline of 1 ppb for benzene as a trigger value, the fact that the Freshwater Ecosystems Guidelines are reasonably applicable for deep non potable groundwater and have a minimum trigger value of 600 ppb means in all reality the level which may cause harm to human health or the environment would be a lot higher.

# so, it would appear Cougar and its shareholders have been brutalised not for actual contamination or even risk of contamination to human health and/or the environment, but for a bureaucratic exceedence of an arbitrary and low trigger value.

Other than Cougar at Kingaroy, I am not sure of any precedence of in Australia where an operation of any sort has been shut down for exceedence of a trigger value rather than for actual contamination.

Again, it is not hard to see why Cougar have taken the considered action they have.

Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.