CVN 0.00% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Well well well. An unexpected phonecall.

1. 19,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837
    "Or maybe gotta's occasional phone call to head office."

Ha ha Whatsa, are you stalking me or something.
    Spoke to them for about 20 minutes yesterday.

Work is at fever pitch in head office at the moment, with "everything else put on hold as we race to get ROC results out". (FWIW, I took this as a positive...you know...if you really think about it).
    Their recent indication of "early March" at the latest, appears to be still on track although naturally, they would not 100% commit to this. As stated on the forum, holdups can happen.
    I'm expecting news next week however.

For those worried that our new asset Outtrim, to be drilled with Quadrant in June (yes...just 12 weeks away!) was just some after thought because of disappointment with Phoenix and ROC...forget it.
    Adrian and the team were looking at this and decided on it, before ROC even started.

As there can't possibly be a better and more undervalued stock on the ASX, I questioned a possible buy back. Whilst they don't disagree regarding the current silly Company valuation, every red cent is being kept for the future development of our current assets.

I also questioned the sell down of our stock.
    A little while ago, one of the big funds were given their instruction from America: "to sell everything in oil". Unfortunately this included around 20 million CVN shares and selling was ruthless and relentless.
    Since then, only one other fund (who doesn't speak a lot with management and who's time frame had apparently been very short) has sold around 2 million. Almost all other selling has been retail.
    Of all the funds that are in regular, open communication with CVN management, none of them have sold and are sitting very comfortably with the way the Company is being run.

Takeover possibilities were dismissed....for now, but suggestions were to keep an eye on Finder who'd more likely be the first to go.
    Also, keep an eye on any new 'substantial holder' notices. At the moment, the register is pretty open but should someone like...oh I don't know...lets say WOODSIDE take a 5% position....look out!

I hung up happy....and sad!!
    Happy that all my questions were answered with consideration, transparency and ethics.
    Sad, that there is enough imbalance in my portfolio already and I really cannot buy any more.

7.9c is laughable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $386.1K 1.979M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 425882 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 256926 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.