MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

well, well, well., page-4

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi sheepdog2

You're the master who can sniff out those facts I just follow your lead.

Regarding WA-269-P I have been keeping an eye on that one and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

One report I read in the:

July 2009 PESA magazine

says it is up for renewal mid 2010.

Whilst another report

on the encom website here

says it is has been renewed quote 'In the Bonaparte Basin, WA-269-P has had its expiry date extended to 06/02/2012.

According to the PGR the expiry is still 31/08/2010 and, like you say sheepdog2, it appears to be suspended.

Out of three wells drilled on the permit Atlas#1 (2001), Guilford#1 (2003) and Ixion#1 we(2008) only Guilford showed gas. It is interesting to note that Guilford#1 borders Wheatstone#1 but is shallower.

See P9 of the July 2009 investor update here.

In the end this may not mean anything. The important thing is to strike gas at A#1 first. Meo has based its calculations of 20Tcf mean GIP (12Tcf @ 60% recovery rate)on the portion of Artemis in 360P only. This will be sufficient for multiple LNG trains in its own right without the need for looking at the gas which extends into 269-P.

YA posted his views on Woodside and the future of 269-P some time ago but I can't find it now.

If Artemis does work then the relinquishment process of 269-P will probably take that into consideration and unitisation (like IO/Jansz) won't come into play. In any case Woodside and friends would need to explore and find something to unitise first. Looking at the PGR it appears MEO will only need 6 blocks to cover the Northern boundary of the Artemis field. Perhaps Woodside are waiting to see the A#1 result before drilling across the border?

In the PESA link above it also says that the M/V Geowave Voyager conducted a 3454sq km 3D seismic survey of the 269/387/404/360 and 253 permits. Processing of the data was to be completed by CGGVeritas by Feb this year. This is a multi-client survey and is available for purchase by all interested parties.

I am sure MEO will have this in their sights should they feel it is warranted.

BTW, sheepdog, the last thing MEO needs me getting under their feet so enough said about that.

#:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.