FRX 8.70% 2.1¢ flexiroam limited

i hold i see no evidence in data of that, i see lots of trading...

1. 22,469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 815
    i hold

i see no evidence in data of that,  i see lots of trading

Found a bit on connected cars  IOT will be huge

Imagine using vodaphone for roaming,  and your car getting a massive bill. llololololoo

Imagine all the smart cars crossing borders in 5 years

By 2030 its estimated to be in the top 4 industries of data

Globally, at least 40 % of the vehicles across segments are expected to be deployed with eSIMs.

"We envision two possible solutions to today’s roaming structure in order to enable the connected car. First, the industry should enhance the existing roaming solution through the creation of an alliance of CSPs, or second, the industry could use local subscriptions and eSIM technology for provisioning in each local network. Either alternative will help enable a car to stay connected when traveling across countries and states without the fear of losing connectivity and the services built on top of it."

From over-the-air updates to enhance the overall driving experience, the amount of data consumed will increase exponentially, and so will data fees. However, if all data is treated equally and billed to one subscriber, this raises a question: who pays? Are car owners eager to pay for general software updates driven by the OEM? Are OEMs eager to pay for entertainment-based data usage consumed by passengers?

and from vodaphone and hyandai in india  hyndai released an esim car

In the Indian context, eSIM consumption continues to be pretty low. Cost is expected to come down only with their increased volumes as well as competition, similar to what happened in the case of physical SIMs. Depending on vehicle connectivity levels, there are different module levels that work in tandem with eSIM since the latter is not intelligent enough to manage everything and can only facilitate connectivity of IoT devices. Network switching cost and subscription costs are paid by the customer. However, looking at the total return on investment in terms of connectivity, customers will gradually understand the value involved and opt for such technologies, said Deval Sheth, Managing Director, Giesecke & Devrient MS India. Vehicle connectivity produces a huge amount of data and security of such data will always remain the customer’s prime priority. Any possible breach into the secured ecosystem can lead to dangerous situations, even costing human lives. However, it needs to be understood that the data is handled by mobile network operators (MNO) and auto companies that operate in a secured system and transferred in an encrypted manner. The eSIM has five levels of security along with an encrypted key that transmits data safely, said Sheth.

https://www.ericsson.com/en/blog/2020/3/future-of-smart-car-connectivity

https://autotechreview.com/technology/connecting-seamlessly-with-esims

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.002(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $16.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $7.326K 338.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500000 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 125034 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.00am 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.