WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Wellfully Group, page-120

1. 3,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    you may recall me saying from the start that the USA magnemask launch was never serious - low distribution and almost no promotion. It was so minor that I speculated at the time that P&G might have just been fulfilling a minimum contractual obligation to OBJ. No idea if that is true or even a thing, but that is the way it always felt.

To be honest, I am getting a similar vibe with the new spot pen. Over 7 months since launch and where is it? airports, tmall, select stores in China, and a limited release in one dept store in Japan. Oh and the special new promo strategy that P&G have adopted - "word of mouth" (that not me being sarcastic, it was actually stated). Where is this going.. no idea. Where is the 2nd promised integrated product? no idea.

Since I am on a roll, lets talk about the smart cap. Management seem really pleased with the cap stating that the attention given to it "possibly eclipsed" that given to the 2nd technology smart wand. In other words.. a product not containing any OBJ patentable/proprietary components and probably developed under contract with P&G and owned entirely by P&G outshone a product based on OBJ's oldest, most defining, and most heavily patent protected technology. hooray!? Until management informs otherwise, my assumption is any future launch of a smart cap will garner OBJ exactly zero in royalties.

I will say a few nice things about the cap : 1) P&G came to Jeff for a solution and he delivered something pretty nifty, pretty quickly. 2) the cap and all of our devices strongly support the belief that Jeff and team can continue to churn out innovative devices to feed into the promotion and distribution machine that Peros/Schapera are assembling. Perhaps out of necessity, I am placing most of my hopes in these new ventures.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.