WES looking at AMP, page-4

1. 9,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 457
    Agree sounds good to me.
    But i'm going to add this just to bore most,and its in reference to retail banking not 'necessarily' business banking?
    Wes management seems very good and their intentions to get into banking makes alot of sense to me ,pity suncorp has gone up so much and which ever is the best value eg amp or sun,and going by one article wes save 150m by cancelling the bank license application.
    But imo banks are going to become price takers like miners in retail banking not business banking.
    Applepay has just officially released their payment app,1 million plus US customers applied for apple pay in first 72 hours.No bank can refuse to support apple pay as simply apple pay could represent give or take 20% of US swipes ,thats serious market share of the 'historical' credit card business and will spread to other sectors of retail banking..
    The same will happen here when apple releases the app in australia,no bank could risk not supporting the apple payment app but that immediately starts the process of banks becoming price takers from apple as apple introduces "quitely" their loyalty program and bank preferenceing eg which bank pays apple the most swipe commission.
    WES is doing the right thing in introducing a nfc sticker,but its prehistoric and not even connecting to the mobile phones system.
    So in short our banks are aware of whats coming,anz described it as terrifying same other banks.
    My long winded point,imo wes and wow must provide a payment app that is competitive with apple and imo so far eftpos is the only one publising their ambitions in nfc mobile payments including a payment app so lets hope they have developed a user friendly app to compete with apple and roll it out in australia taking first release advantage from apple .Wes,wow,tls eftpos really need to pull their fingers out and hopefully they have developed a competitive app.
    Imo our banks are greedy and have given apple great advantage by trying to protect their credit card 6b profit,but imo our banks will pay big time by not giving up a % and working with nfc network partners.,I hope wes,wow,tls and eftpos are working together to release a user friendly app to counter apples release in 2015,because if anz or cba etc think they can compete with apple there mistaken imo.(not to mention alibaba eg alipay and apple pay joining forces.
    No way would i be holding our banks imo their 6b credit fees are in for a hiding and wes really needs to work closely with eftpos and telstra to develop any kind of competitive app to compete.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$74.32
Change
0.140(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $84.27B
Open High Low Value Volume
$74.50 $74.62 $74.09 $17.03M 228.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 119 $74.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$74.34 155 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.06pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.