WES 0.23% $64.88 wesfarmers limited

Just above bank interest? Show me a respected bank paying over...

1. 5,238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1030
    Just above bank interest? Show me a respected bank paying over 7% pa. WES has a yield of around 7.5% including franking credits. Banks well under half that.

Buy the range. Low $40 and hold for the dividend. The difference with WES now is that it has major expansion plans that are now well underway via Bunnings UK. This is the venture that could rerate the stock into the $50+ of earnings become tangible. If they grab a majority market share over in the U.K., then oh Lordy!!! As I've also said before this stock should be a good performer against our government (both parties) never ending and significant immigration policies.

If you want large capital growth then I do agree this is not the stock for you. But as a balanced Australian portfolio it's a must have. Good stockn for retirees as well, not so much quick buck gamblers.

In the meantime I'll enjoy a large dividend with a relatively stable stock price. Better to earn 7.5% via a dividend and or lose capital than have it sit in a bank account at 2.9-3.1%.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.88
Change
0.150(0.23%)
Mkt cap ! $73.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.00 $64.89 $63.52 $67.50M 1.051M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 132 $64.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$64.88 12 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.