WES 1.25% $66.16 wesfarmers limited

wesn conversion

1. 3,062 Posts.
    interesting read suggests 0.25 shares in wes for every wesn held,
    might be due sometime this year plus divvy.

so i guess its not surprising we have a relatively low sp.
    given the advantage that creates for wesn holders and it would appear wesn is not as well priced on market as the deal assuming it happens this year might suggest.

it really looks as though wesn is priced for the divvy only,
    and the rights/cap raising was at $29-00.

i am in at 29.52 looking to trade only,with some downside protection from the divvy if and when declared and assuming its somewhere in line with the previous year.

i guess i might be a lot happier at my entry than those who perhaps took the rights issue for the cap raising.

somehow the comparision between coles [wes] and wow doesnt seem to be equal with the variance in diversity,my slant is wes is a better medium term proposition.

certainly interesting times we live in,and hoping that wes are in a better position to reduce debt or alternatively see an increase in nta with corresponding increase in time of roe and flow of increasing divvy.

it appears to be a really well considered strategy by wes management,i didnt do much research before buying just followed price action and fundamental belief that a bit of a hedge play would be on under the circumstance it seems even more likely.

which way this ends i am not sure,naturally hoping to lead better than 29.52 divvy assumption puts downside risk at above 28.50 doesnt mean it cant go lower--well we will see what happens---when battle begins

any thoughts p/e is not super attractive but gee it is a large bit of our economy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$66.16
Change
0.820(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $75.03B
Open High Low Value Volume
$65.25 $66.20 $65.21 $91.35M 1.383M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $66.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$66.17 1751 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.