LYC 0.08% $6.31 lynas rare earths limited

west australia will not lynas waste from m'sia, page-26

1. 3,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Hi Jan,

glad you are, like myself, an open minded investor who wants the best for both malaysia and lynas.

I take it that the explanation another poster cited would have eased your concerns greatly...

"Why would Malaysia insist waste be taken to Australia? Wouldn't removing it from Malaysia be good enough? I'm afraid there has been some misunderstanding. Here is a direct quote from AELB Director Aziz at his 2-16-12 press conference, "When I say Australia, its Lynas Australia. I'm not talking about the government of Australia." No, Malaysia is not trying to dictate where Lynas takes waste. Sovereignty still ends at borders."

For me this is great... if Lynas really has to deal with the outlandish claims of RaDiAtIoN from some politicians then the very worst scenario is that they find another place to deposit the Very low Radioactive byproduct that is away from the political sphere in Malaysia.

For me this topic of "Australia will not allow Lynas to return waste" is now closed.
    (Looking at the wording of the legislation I can see a couple of loopholes for Lynas regardless).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.31
Change
0.005(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $5.930B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.37 $6.30 $9.148M 1.443M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 30402 $6.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.31 15146 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.15pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.