WGP 11.1% 1.0¢ westralian gas and power limited

western australia to subsidise costly shale-ga

1. 682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 300
    http://www.petroleum-economist.com/default.asp?Page=14&PUB=279&SID=727996&ISS=25755

Found this article which was posted just 11 hours ago. Unfortunately I can't read it all as I'm at work and not a paying member.

---------------------------------------------------------

Western Australia to subsidise costly shale-gas development
    Government halves royalties to 5%; unconventional gas resources greater than conventional

Still, you get the idea - 'halve the royalty' - certainly makes things more attractive!

THERE could be more than 38 trillion cubic metres (cm) of shale gas in Western Australia (WA), according to the state's government. Bill Tinapple, executive director of WA's department of mines and petroleum, says there is potential to develop large amounts shale- and tight-gas across the state and the state will help to pay for it.

"The government is very keen to see unconventional gas happen and we are willing to spend money on it," Tinapple tells PEU. "It's time to get in and provide the services and the equity."

The Canning basin in particular ? a 400,000 square km area 2,300 km north of Perth ? is "highly prospective" for shale gas production ...

For full article subscribe..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.