GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

18% is the formal takeover trigger point as I recall (unless it...

1. 3,339 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3632
    18% is the formal takeover trigger point as I recall (unless it has changed in 30years or so since I learned that). The question is kind of rhetorical, but given the clear sentiment change in GXY, which is also present in some other Li plays, but to differing extents because some of the other Oz Li stocks have real problems due to their stage of development, financing/debt burdens or bad long term price setting negotiations, AND that the sector wide shorting has been going on for so very long, that there is a point where the returns just don't outweigh the risks and costs, and kind of feels like that point is now, AND the fact that the real cause for the price depression in spod as we have recently found out is not the EV/battery demand but bottle necks at various stages in the manufacturing channel for batteries - which we also know are progressively being fixed with new plants opening over the next few weeks and months AND the fact that certain car manufacturers are known to be scouting around Li miners - which is a very unusual move and indicative of a desperate concern about the ultimate availability of the raw materials they need....it feels very strongly like it is all coming to a head. So it is a genuine question - I wonder why the didn't feel comfortable waiting longer - if they thought the market was going to get more depressed? Or is it that they don't think it is going to get more depressed, but less so? And why?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.