AAG 0.00% 28.0¢ aragon resources limited

westgold take-over? , page-20

1. 3,890 Posts.
    OK. I'm back. Apologies for not being able to post the last week. All I can say is I shouldn't have posted under the influence and got my just deserts. Thanks to everyone posting in the meantime; have been reading regularly.

I've been hypothesising about WGR's purchase. Why 800,000? It's not the 3% they're entitled to under the creeping provisions. $240k is an immaterial investment. My theory is this:

800,000 shares put WGR over the 20% threshold. BUT Cook or WGR can't purchase on market securities if THEY KNOW there is any corporate action in the wings (otherwise gaol beckons). But they can purchase in ANTICIPATION of this. So...who knows where the directors of SLR or RMS were on Friday? I certainly don't, but I reckon I know who they might have been talking to. WGR can purchase up to 3% but a potential suitor...well...if they want to purchase the 20.14% in one go from WGR then they are compelled to launch a full takeover. PURE SPECULATION there is at least 2 suitors for AAG and Cook wants to hold the upper hand by forcing one of their hands.

I wouldn't be surprised if AAG enters a trading halt on Monday. But I've been wrong so many times before my comments are really speculative only.

Will post my price targets if this happens. Note, they're my numbers only, not advice, probably not likely, and certainly unreliable!

Cheers (its GREAT to be back),

JT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.