WGB 0.45% $2.22 wam global limited

WGB Fees Not Transparent, page-2

1. 3,370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 445
    Wilson are notorious for this old school ruse.

I also read the article and listening to Geoff trying to justify it was excruciating.

It's not hard, just report after fees like the majority of funds.

I am glad there is heat on closed funds... the structure is fundamentally flawed.

I am reluctant though to compare the fees of an active fund like Wilson to the betashares fund. Passive/smart beta can be instituted for a lot less money than a true stock picker.

ETFs will continue to gain ground and ultimately surpass all active management... and then we will have ultimate chaos... just as was stated by Jack Bogle himself.

All passive investment relies on active stock pickers rebalancing the index. What happens when those forces disappear... what happens when there is no one around to align the whole system.

I am quite convinced passive investors have no idea how reliant they are on the active investors. Sadly, for active investors and funds alike, passive funds reap all the rewards and pay little in return.

It is without doubt passive investment will cause the biggest asset bubble in the history of the markets. Anyone who doubts that... watch what happens to a stock price when it gets added to an index.

But for the time being passive will continue to shine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.22
Change
0.010(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $788.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.22 $2.24 $2.21 $221.4K 99.71K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 126171 $2.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.22 10950 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.