WGO 0.00% 35.5¢ warrego energy limited

WGO Reaching out to shareholders

1. 154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Got a call from WGO explaining what was going to happen regarding the Hancock offer.They wanted to get a sense of which way I was likely to vote.I thought oh, this is my chance to say what's on my mind as a mum & dad investor - so I unloaded.

I told the poor caller I had no control over the final outcome, but I'll tell you what I think of the whole thing:
    1. I'm absolutely voting against it

2. the
    whole thing started with a very low bar of them accepting 20c and selling it as a great offer. That really p***d me off. So of course anything slightly higher than that would be superior. Doing nothing would have been better than gaslighting us by tellig us these are good deals

3. 28c may be superior to whatever prior offers, but it's still not a good deal - there's a lot to unlock in the resource we have.

4. the reasons given for ageering to the initial 20c offer was the certainty of having cash in hand - well, people invest in shares for a reason, and they understand the risks, otherwise you're now telling people it's better to keep your money in the bank. I felt like they just wanted to give it away, and it made no sense

5. I
    made the mistake of looking up to management believing they were smart people who look after our own interests, but I was proven wrong

6. I
    would prefer merging with STX (even better if STX up their offer a little bit) - at least I get to maintain ownership in assets which have already been proven to have the resource.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.