WGX 3.59% $2.42 westgold resources limited.

WGX turnaround

1. 3,741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 477
    I know it's been a bit of a dog, but i'm thinking WGX might be a sweet turnaround story. It's a confusing stock because they seem to be always buying and selling assets, but the key seems to be they have commissioned new plants and mines throughout the last couple of years and the benefit of this seems to be if they can hit 350k oz in 19/20 at an AISC of $1,250 to $1,300.

The Big Ben mine is their flagship project and should hit 100k oz in a year or so which will be the centrepiece of the 350k. Other mines and processing centres are having teething issues that should be overcome.

ACM cost a packet of capital but looks like becoming moderately profitable going forward. Bit of help from lower oil prices. 

The biggest kicker of course is the AUD gold price. $1,800 makes their current operations nicely profitable in the build up to all operations being online on the road to 350k oz.

Do they still have the $60m in NST shares? By my rough calculations if they still held they would be worth nearly $80m now.

Quarterly might be more short term pain so could be a good entry point if you like higher risk in the short term.

Obviously if the AUD gold price tanks then it could be a return to eating cash as project developments would start to churn up cash, but otherwise seems like a high reward entry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.42
Change
-0.090(3.59%)
Mkt cap ! $1.146B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.46 $2.47 $2.38 $7.744M 3.196M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $2.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.43 5864 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.