Some midnight rambling...Margin loan. Like any leveraged product...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Some midnight rambling...Margin loan.
    Like any leveraged product , great in good hand...Disastrous in reckless hands.
    Discovered that my effort in the market can return >10% yearly in capital gains (some gurus can make 500% plus).....Dividends is the icing on the cake.
    Here is how it works for me.
    # I don't pay interest out of my own cash....Interest is capitalized into the loan & added on every month.
    # Interest is tax deductible ....Capital gain/loss is settled the usual way.
    # I don't take cash out....but I get the dividend.
    # I don't aim to make a profit....My only concern is to consistently increase my equity....More like a self sustained & growing animal farm....The only way to grow it is through keeping the healthy animals & weeding the runts.
    # Great for long term uptrending names & also works wonders for ST/swing trades.
    # No place for complacency...Anytime the PF is in the buffer zone , the culprit animal that pushed it there is slaughtered.....A good tool to enforce discipline & in turn improve the performance of other portfolios.....It forces me to be in harmony with the market...No contrarian nonsense....No hero attitude.
    # By doing the right thing , my equity grows & my borrowing power increases ....A virtuous circle.
    # Over the last decade , my equity in the start up little farm has grown several fold with no funding on my part....Zero cash out of my pocket....An autonomous vehicle that only needs some maintenance.
    # Never had a margin call.
    This is my only leveraged play...Don't do CFDs...Don't play the short game...And never hedged my bets.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.