Thanks for the reply, I agree that this current 'scandal'...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Thanks for the reply,

I agree that this current 'scandal' probably doesn't mean much for CBA, and while I don't usually cheer on the media very often, perhaps they will be able to whip up a frenzy of negative news in the short term, and generate a market situation that I (we) can take advantage of.

As for SLC, BigAir came later.
    Beven Slattery (the chief of SLC) started 'pipe networks' many years ago which laid the subsea telecommunication cable between Australia and Guam (if I remember correctly). This cable is used for communications to the US in particular. Anyway to keep it brief, pipe networks was eventually sold to TPG (TPM), and I have to admit I was surprised at the cash generating power it brought in.
    So now Bevan Slattery through 'SuperLoop' (SLC) have been busy laying brand new fibre optic cable around the CBD's of Singapore and Hong Kong, in preparation for the new 5G upgrade (I understand they should have the fastest speeds available). In particular they are connecting disalloweds to large business in their CBD's.
    The new fibre is almost complete in both Singapore and Hong Kong now, and is just starting to bring in some revenue.

Thanks again

cheers
    Last edited by Jako8557: 31/08/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.