@roaminoz I had an issue with my excel chart software today. The...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    @roaminoz

I had an issue with my excel chart software today.

The workbook is so big and complicated now, there is so much going on.
    Data feeds across many different worksheets to run other things, then the results get fed back again to the main page (so I don't have to flip around manually to see the results).

So when I ran your VBA code, I got an error, and the data didn't seem to match anymore.
    At least one more zero seemed to appear from nowhere, and didn't fit correctly, so the code couldn't run.

I tried everything to fix it, I even put back in Jako 2 and then the original Jako code, which did help a bit, as I could step through one click at a time and see where the error occurred.
    Everything worked fine in a test environment, but when I put that tested code into my spreadsheet, the error would come back every time.
    So then I thought the issue must be in the PnF charting VBA code I use.
    So I erased it all and reloaded the code to test it, then confirmed it worked, and put it back into my chart spreadsheet, and re-changed some of the parameters to fit my spreadsheet again.

And it still wouldn't work in my spreadsheet.

I had been troubleshooting for a couple of hours by now, and had gotten nowhere

I was at my wits end.....

So I went to have a shower and a think about it.

And I had an idea....

I load 250 lines of data into the chart manually from Commsec, and one of the stocks I loaded today only had 249 lines available.
    My personal charts worked fine with the data, but when I attempted to draw a PnF chart, it just listed zero's straight down the page (potentially down to the excel max lower limit).

I realised the issue and fixed it straight away, and thought that was it.

When I enter the data for a new stock, the PnF VBA code clears data to draw a new chart, but the code only clears a set area, not necessarily the entire spreadsheet.
    So I think there was some (or at least one) zero left right down the bottom of the potential charting area (possibly right at the lower limit of excel data).

Then when I ran your VBA code to consolidate the data, it would pick up and try to include the extra zero (which obviously wouldn't fit), and caused the error.

So I just highlighted the entire columns (top to bottom) for about twenty rows, end deleted them.

Then I ran the PnF code, and then ran your code and the issue was 'fixed' (once I worked it out, it took about a minute to correct)

What a pain in the ar$e......glad it is now fixed.

haha

cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.