twinvest,you stated....CHANGE is one of the things people most...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    twinvest,
    you stated....
    CHANGE is one of the things people most fear in life and that display on the New HC site was a classic example.

I disagree with you, sorry, but all the people I know, and from what I see, the majority today love change, they thrive on it.

but change for the sake of change is an oxymoron....

sure, we have a few old foggies on here, who admit they dont like change, but I believe the vast majority are astute, generally smart people, busy, and short on time
    they are happy with change, they are used to it, they adapt easily, if it makes sense and is an improvement

I usually have to upgrade and adapt to the new technology on a very regular basis...
    my work ensures that constant changes are forced on me, and my pc systems, on a regular basis....
    I also update, and buy the new workhorse PC and laptops usually every 2 years to keep up with the changes in the software I use
    its no big deal

but every now and again, a trojan horse turns up...

for eg; the ATO had systems in place that accommodated the hundreds of changes to tax law, that take place every year, and the changes to rulings and interpretations on a daily basis.
    It was a consistent, methodical, streamlined model.

Then suddenly it was changed, around 5 years ago, now it is almost useless. Type in a question, and instead of say 5 answers, depending on legislation, rulings, or court cases, now it comes up with 113,000 useless answers.
    It is like google, it chooses a word, then reports every document that word is in.
    Or you click on page, it diverts you to another page, after page etc....a humongous waste of time and resources.

Now I simply go to another tax accountants web site, to find a concise answer, or the tax legislation ref no I need to check it myself.
    It is now overloaded with useless rubbish.

It has crossed my mind, that the IT work has been outsourced to another country, for cheap labor, with absolutely no understanding of the result required.

like buying the oversized big mac, it is full of extra rubbish, and saturated fat....
    with more bells and baubles to pretty it up
    its all about good horses, for good courses
    or duds

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.