I wouldn't know the WA premier if I saw him in the street, but...

1. 14,535 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1345
    I wouldn't know the WA premier if I saw him in the street, but for those whingeing about him, get a grip. There are a few things he is protecting .One is the hospital system. Look at the garbage we have here in Melbourne where elective patients cannot have surgery that is needed. This does not happen in WA. Mixed with this of course is that their hospital system could not cope with an influx of Omicron patients with everything from those who have sore throats who think they are going to die to those actually needing serious medical intervention. I don't take this stuff lightly. Well I do here in Melbourne because we have had the quinella, we have had the experience whereas in virginal WA, they have had nothing so it is conceivable that the weaker omicrom could cause them serious havoc. I wouldnt be taking the risk at present. They haven't had a taste of the 'rona over there.Thirdly, it will take time for the indigenous population to come upto speed. Well, that's if they want to come upto speed. I don't know whether they have been made to come upto speed like the punters in the other states. It wouldn't look too good if Mark McGowan suddenly got hit with quite a few 'deaths not in custody' funeral processions. I don't think Mark wants to usurp Dan Andrews in that sense, does anybody? So cut the dude some slack, I know about families and all of that but compare it to lockdowns 1 to 6 in Victoria and maybe you can see my point. Sure they are winners and losers but the black hearses over in WA aren't brand new like all of ours are.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.