what a bunch of wally's, page-63

1. 3,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Say for example, food was twice as expensive in real terms compared to 20 years ago. Say this was a food prices forum ( silly I know but bear with me). we need food like we need property, it's an essential for most people.

The bulls making lots of cash from owning food related businesses. The bears are unhappy that most of their wage is going towards food and it's because of greed, government policy to attract votes, and in general a gluttonous society where the food bulls have become a self propagating cancer fed by all levels of government.

Some food 'bears' get stuck into the bulls on the forum, indicating they want the prices of this essential commodity to fall back to the long term average. They get branded as being negative or trying to save the bulls or 'it's not the same as those mutual backslapping sessIons we used to have to ourselves about the high price of food pre GFC.

I can understand why my attitude gets branded as negative. That is from your pro property price growth perspective. I think hoping for property to double again in the next seven years, apart from being unrealistic, is a very negative attitude, as you are wishing for even more Australians to be forced to give away almost all of their income to have a roof over their heads.

Kindren has indicated that anyone who has not bought property must have not accumulated enough money. This shows a blind faith in the idea that if you have money, you should of course put it into property, no questions asked. I think you should ask questions. Like is this stuff completely overvalued? Might it be worth the same amount in dollars, but much less in real terms in 15 years from now? Quite possible IMO. Unfortunately people still need to buy, I will myself in the space of a few months for family reasons. Likely that will be a terrible financial investment. Thanks to all those who have helped the prices grow like a giant parasite on society, globally. And you ask why we are here talking about property in this way?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.