RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

Preempt, I think we shall see a whole new ball game start rather...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    Preempt, I think we shall see a whole new ball game start rather than the calamity we have seen to date.

Obviously with the appointment with an Oil & Gas MD its been acknowledged that real credibility has to be implemented. You would imagine the seed funders would be very focussed on this aspect.

From an operational aspect Range cannot be criticised in future with the onshore JV with AOI,and its now whether Range investors have belief in the ability and credibility of Rick Schmitt and his team. Range is now purely a mirror image of AOI's performance.

That aspect has been spelt out in yesterdays announcement quiet clearly, although it appears Range will still have its detractors or witch hunters seeking out individuals rather than the current story at hand.

There is no doubt Australian investors have been dealt a cruel hand to date by management and others associated. The price spike orchestrated last year, whilst beneficial to a minority, it hurt and deceived the majority. I have never heard of any comment that Povey has made upon that event. Too hard or too close for comfort I guess.

Only comment I ever heard regarding Povey was last year when he stated he wouldn't renew the 2007 Options, it was a case of tough luck, as far as he was concerned. So it looks obvious where his allegiance's were.

However be mindful that there are major financial backers of the story who purely want a return on their investment and now is the time for them to obtain their return. I can imagine they would have had some significant say in recent changes and events.

Range has always been about an end result, unfortunately not share price growth during the interim.

As we get closer to remobilisation I expect we shall see share price growth, as I said watch for AOI $$$$

AOI made two very important comments in their recent announcement on the Siesmic survey

Firstly

"Only 3 wells have been drilled in basinal settings in these concessions before operations ceased in the early 1990's. Those wells confirmed thick sedimentary sequences, encountered oil in Cretaceous sandstones and proved the presence of active petroleum systems in both basins."

Only 3 wells and yet proved the presence of an active petroleum system in Dahroor. Guess we can work out where the seismics are being initially focussed.

Secondly

"Commencement of the seismic program has also reduced the logistical demands on our Puntland infrastructure and we are now working hard to reinstate the drilling program in order to commence drilling during 2008."

"we are now working hard to reinstate the drilling program"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.