BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

what a great day for biota stock holders, page-24

1. 1,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    To me, this has been blown way out of proportion.

I never said BTA would go bankrupt, I said it was possible and as one of the others here mentioned that could apply to any company in the world.

These days, entire economies are going bankrupt (Greece recently and in question Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Italy and many more). If you said/posted that here a year ago, what would the reaction have been like?

Probably not much different, some anger, plenty of ridicule, outright denial, and maybe a moderated post.

A few months ago and on a couple occasions I had explained the reasoning behind my opinion here. Swine flu is a highly exaggerated virus, putting Relenza's (Zanamivir)future sales and royalties at risk.

It is clear to me that the current management team of BTA cannot be trusted. They have misled shareholders and this puts in question their future comments and expectations let alone their odd reasoning for the recent under performance of royalties on Relenza.

And after reading some of the posts, Peter Crooks comment that BTA insiders post here doesn't surprise me.

With trading it pays to be realistic. Optimists and pessimists too often sell at the bottom and buy at the top.

We all know the old Buffett saying, "be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful".

When any particular stock is at a high, the optimist is as bullish as ever. As it starts to decline, the optimist stays true, optimistic.

After a lengthy decline, the optimist still in their position is forced to justify their error in judgment. Comments like "I'm a long term holder" will be heard. It's usually near the bottom of the move that the optimist gives up and becomes pessimistic. That's why contrarian sentiment indicators work so well.

As for BTA and HC, it's clear that many don't want to hear a negative view on share price so I'll say goodbye now and hopefully ever.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.