QMN 0.00% 16.8¢ queensland mining corporation limited

what a month!

1. 199 Posts.
    Hey guys,

Well a lot happens in a month. After the earthquake in Miyagi prefecture in Japan I took a rather long break from looking at my shares and investments.

1 month ago I was at work in Tokyo when the earthquake struck and I honestly thought that the building I was in was going to collapse.

The next week the company I work for announced that all client visits were prohibited as experts suggested that there was a 70% probability of a magnitude 7 earthquake. During that week the extent of the issues out at Fukushima became evident and with the threat of radiation things in Tokyo got really tense. My office in Sydney were going to evacuate me temporarily to Hong Kong along with all the US expats but I was very hesitant to leave owing to the fact that I had spent the previous 6 months organising a wedding as I had planned to get married on the 28th of April.

All of my family - 6 people in total - had bought their tickets before all of this and I was in a battle to convince them that Tokyo was safe, the wedding will be fine and they'd have a great time if they came.

As you can imagine - it was a hell of a battle. At the end of the day I managed to convince them all it was fine to come. I got married to my wife on the 28th - the wedding was absolutely fantastic and my family had a great holiday.

So the past couple of days I've had the chance to see how my investments have weathered to storm. QMN making up the bulk appears to have done OK and in fact looks like its about to kick on. It was all doom and gloom but things seemed to have turned around in the last few days - really hoping we're onto a trend here.

Would love to see some really big gains over the next few weeks - would help me fund a sizeable donation!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.