What a relief, page-9

1. 37,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 410
    I was also very disillusioned during this campaign @rememdium.

I wanted to vote Labor because I have had a gut full of conservative liberals.

However, the local Labor candidate was on a different planet. The liberal candidate was well across a wide policy platform, some of which I agreed with and some I didn’t. The teal candidate had a fluffy 2 policy platform and seemed oblivious to wider issues. The greens candidate articulated a platform with clarity and had much that I agreed with but he was just 18.

I wanted a government to:
    1. stand up strongly to China and take the right steps prepare for and uncertain future with malevolent Asian presence.
    2. grasp transitioning to 200% renewables and a hydrogen economy.

I also didn’t want a government hobbled by a hostile senate. I would rather see any government gets its policy preferences passed and be judged on how successful or not they are every 3 years.

So, I voted Liberal, but changed second preference to the Greens and voted the Liberal ticket in the Senate.

Notwithstanding how I voted in response to the candidates on offer in my electorate, I hope Labor get up without a hung parliament and without a hostile senate.

Cheers
    Dex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.