LYC 1.48% $5.98 lynas rare earths limited

what a shocker

1. 5,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    LYC reports a 57% increase of the Mt Weld deposit, and it gets shorted down to buggery on high volume, closing on the low of the day just before the closing auction, on a mass of algo trades.

The sooner they put a stop o algo and high-frequency trading, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

This is getting to the silly stage - and we REALLY need Curtis and co to step up to the block with some positive news about actual production, the LAMP, and progress in Malaysia re licensing etc.

In the meantime, the shorters are having a field day, and causing mass panic selling.

Yes - I know the whole market has been that way - again - today, and probably will be for a while yet. I do find it amazing that the fear and panic contagion spreads like it does, even though a Greek default would actually not be all that disastrous, and would probably clear the air somewhat.

Bad for the banks, perhaps, but it shouldn't be bad for a fully funded, high value operation like Lynas.

Are we seeing a blow-off panic selling bottom in the next few days, reminiscent of March 9th, 2009?

Luckily, my average buy price is way lower than the current price, so I can afford to ride it out, and actually add more to average up a bit more. But for those who bought at or near $2, this would be excruciatingly painful.

And a lot of those are in the Course of Sales having panicked and sold, no doubt.

Amazing scenes, really - positive news with a 57% upgrade, and the price gets slammed into touch. The big end of town really does have a lot to answer for - the numbers they so blithely play around with on their computers actually affect a lot of people's lives, pensions, and futures.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.98
Change
-0.090(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.589B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.11 $5.98 $17.19M 2.859M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 79108 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 17678 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.