RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

That has been poinred out on the UK bulletin boards, and yes,...

1. 478 Posts.
    That has been poinred out on the UK bulletin boards, and yes, you're right. I don't have a good explanation for why RMP hasn't increased as much if it's due to Georgia (or why AOI hasn't increased if it's due to Puntland).

The only thing I can suggest is that RMP is off the radar of most investors. The majority of holders are in the UK now, and RMP is listed on the ASX. That obviously means it's far easier to buy RRL. RRL with its higher market cap will also have the green light for institutional buying, but RMP will not (although saying that institutions are building a stake in RRL through the computuershare holding is wholly speculation at this stage). Most ASX investors ditched RRL/RRS a long time ago and aren't about to invest in the high risk RMP on the strength of a possible Puntland announcement (brings back memories of the old higher-risk RRS- once bitten, twice shy I think).

But I admit it's not that good an explanation. Whether the news concerns Puntland or Georgia, you'd expect RMP to have risen as well as they have a share in the prospects too. They have risen a bit, but not nearly as much as RRS.

I emphasise though that the helium results justify this share price (and more) alone. The results were excellent. Now I guess we can all see why Duchess were fine with offering the ?20m drawdown facility.

Just think if we strike oil in Georgia (looks very likely now) and get the cash rolling in, and are awarded 100% of one or two Puntland offshore blocks with the same potential as onshore. 20 billion barrels net to Range...justifying a market cap in the tens of billions of pounds. If the announcement is made, big potential will have to be priced in, much higher than now.

Just think, after all those months of lingering around 5-6p, patience is finally being rewarded. If Puntland really is a go (which I still have my doubts on, but we'll see how it goes) and we get the offshore licence too, we'll be at 40p pretty quickly IMO.

And even if it isn't, we've still got two excellent CoS wells in Georgia, and are fully funded for our entire drilling campaign (the ?20m drawdown facility will pay for approximately 9 Georgia wells on a 40% basis, we're free carried for initial development in Trinidad, Texas cashflow will cover the NCR drills, we're free carried on the second Puntland well, and the first Puntland well can be covered with the cash we currently have in the bank plus money from exercising the options).

The position Range is in compared to the position she was in just 2 months ago is much, much improved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.