ASX 0.78% $60.89 asx limited

what affect has inflation on cost of houses

1. 17,117 Posts.
    just wondering...all this crop about aussie houses overpriced compared to the rest of the world...........

every other country have the resources we have ????? well no, do they all have neighbours like asia who want what we have ???? well no.......I could go on and on and find out what the US and the UK do have to compare with us, right now at this time..........
    but seems like a lot of you think you would like to buy a house in the inner city(save on fuel costs) for about 200.000.........that was the price about 10 years ago.........now we have inflation running at over 4% and rising......that means all costs associated with building/ buying a house is increasing, cost of materials, transport and labour...........so you dont want to build/ buy a new home.........well that is the best way to compare the value of a property.....what is its replacement costs.........
    ARE you all still earning what you did 10 years ago ???? no increase in salary ??? but everything else has risen in price..........but you insist housing will go down......in some areas it will, but in the better suburbs its still rising.......get used to 2 different classes of people, those that can afford housing, and those who cannot.......

truthfully there are hundreds of houses on the market right now, all over this country for that price.....but am pretty sure you would not like to live there.......awful neighbourhoods, no job opportunities, lack of schools, hospitals, resources, education and .......lifestyle, out in the woods, burbs somewhere............
    I have to laugh because house prices tripled even in IRAQ !!
    my suggestion is you can all migrate to the US and buy your cheap house.........and stay there
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.