KCN 2.82% $1.82 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Having a look back to this thread from January 2021... What am I...

1. 272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 559
    Having a look back to this thread from January 2021... What am I missing? NOTHING!.
    With the Thai Government keeping their side of the bargain, albeit at their own pace ("there isn't a word in the Thai language for "urgency"!") the company has been able to secure the best possible outcome for shareholders. and a significantly better outcome for the local Thai communities.

So Kingsgate...
    Has the mine back
    Has the quartz lease
    has numerous other leases and SPLs
    has financing sorted
    has refurbished Plant 2 and is now operational
    has poured first gold yesterday (announcement to the market can't be too far away!)

A full settlement (royalties will probably be the cause of the hold up) can't be too far off (before the election?), leaving JORC upgrades on the Quartz lease and a potential Thai IPO to enable local ownership as the only uncertainties. It is BLUE SKY all the way, and all the "Chicken Littles" who think the sky is falling and Goths who want to paint dark clouds, tsunamis and hurricanes into the picture won't convince me otherwise.

The only thing stopping me finding my boardies for LG's jacuzzi is the share price. No surprises there though. Our institutional friends were late to the party and don't want to pay the cover charge and are getting away with it thanks to ASIC acting as bouncer on the ASX door being as inept as Mr Bean. Although inept probably isn't the right word, as their inaction is deliberate, so corrupt is a more apt, despite the difficulty of proving corruption against an organisation.

The best thing about ASIC is that their actions (and inactions) clearly demonstrate their warm relationship with the institutions. ASIC moved to reduce the penalty for market manipulation from 15 years prison to only 5 years. ASIC clearly have no idea what they are doing though, as this is the penalty PER OFFENCE! So if there are 30 manipulative algorithmic trades go through in a minute.... there is 150 years gaol, so the reduction from 15 years to 5 years is meaningless!
    Also, under the Proceeds of Crime Act (2002), if a crime is proven, ASIC CAN SEIZE THE SHARES! Of course this has never happened, they just issue a slap on the wrist to their buddies, although I doubt they are even aware that they have this power at their disposal.

Regardless of ASIC's stellar performance as regulator in condoning the manipulation of the Kingsgate SP (it must be condoned if they receive numerous reports yet don't act) it won't matter once word that there is nothing but BLUE SKY ahead gets out and Australian fund managers want in!

Last edited by TheHyphen: 24/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.82
Change
0.050(2.82%)
Mkt cap ! $469.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.81 $1.85 $1.80 $1.623M 891.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20129 $1.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.83 2800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.82
  Change
0.050 ( 2.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.81 $1.85 $1.80 47099
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.