APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

What am I missing?, page-52

1. 7,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6937

Part of the reason I am actually short APT is the regular bias and refusal of objective discussion on here. Just like when I was long not that long ago and down-rampers during the whole AUSTRAC fiasco simply refused to accept APT were actually doing credit checks (they were digitally) I happily went against the tide. Simply calling the company up and enquiring would have revealed their error (they presumed they weren't because they didn't get asked questions on setting up APT accounts - digital checks came back good on them, otherwise they would have faced further scrutiny). The amount of closure of any serious questions on APT threads with 'you're a fool/we know better than you" etc, becomes a red flag in itself. Its hard to go against the prevailing tide, but when it so frothy and full of crappy flotsam, you know its a king high tide.

Whilst APT is a great company, the investment sentiment has been exuberant for a while now and when rational discussion of things goes out the window, its a prompt to short the stock amongst other reasons. To suggest APT users have better credit ratings than non-users is laughable. Do a check amongst your friends and colleagues on APT use. Most of my more wealthy friends look at me suspiciously as if I am mad, whilst my less fortunate friends extol its virtues in getting them from week to week in these hard times. Anecdotal, but telling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.