OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

what and when, page-212

1. 2,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149

One thing that struck me looking at the Historical Tailing results was the wide variance in grades. With some up near 500GT!

When I looked at the table there were heaps of low ones and I was surprised to see a 13GT average, But of course it doesn't take too many big ones to lift the average.

That got me thinking- If the majority of the really high grade areas are going to tails. The true dilution could be way higher with current plant. As the trial only tested 28GT dirt. 

That is- you need those really high grade areas to be recovered at the 30% the plant has been running at. But maybe the high grade areas are doing even worse than other areas? What else could explain 500GT in tailings and an average of 13GT.

If true maybe a third party is the only chance unless improvements catch this high grade dirt.

Just a theory and I'm obviously no expert but would be interested in views of holders/miners.

"Some of the highest grading tailing results occurred only oneweek before an important gold pour in early October 2016. These results included tailing grades as highas 278 g/t, 324 g/t, 388 g/t, 406 g/t and 514 g/t. These results may have been affected by the nuggetaffect but the fact that they occurred so close to what was a disappointing gold pour at the time is interestingand something we had not been aware of."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.