AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

What are CEOs of juniors doing?, page-16

1. 5,258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1042
    Gassin take the emotion out and think about what you're saying.

Australia is not the only iron ore mining province in the world. Infact the worlds largest single producer is Vale - Brazilian. If Australia restricted volumes then Vale would up its tonnage. The majors are still making a good return on equity, more so than other commodities. Why wouldn't they expand? AGO is inefficient, supply finally caught up with demand.

BHP and RIOs extra tonnage would more than compensate the gov in royalties and especially taxes since they actually churn a profit... Secondly iron ore is still historically high in terms of price. There's a reason these little guys didn't exist before.... It's a high volume low margin game. We had a period of inflated prices which unfortunately were squandered by the gov and the mining industry got fat. It's now bust. The gov is left with debt and deficits based on insane forecasts. Whilst us investors have capital losses.

i joined the darker side and continually short FMG. I haven't shorted AGO, and wouldn't at these levels. But FYI for all you Atlas fans: IG markets hasn't let users short AGO since it went sub 50 cents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.