DTZ 0.00% 11.5¢ dotz nano limited

What are GQD's, page-9

1. 4,136 Posts.
    Further to my post above, I have put down some notes that address the points in the article.
    My notes:
    • Graphite is the most common precursor of GQDs. Graphite costs anywhere between $1000-$2000 per ton. Coal costs $10-$200 depending on quality.
    • Mass yield of GQDs from graphite is around 2%. Mass yield of GQDs from DTZ processes is around 20%.
    • Quantum Yields (QY) in excess of 65% now obtained from the process for the blue fluorescing variety GQDs . From the most recent announcement, "QY essentially dictates the intensity of the brightness from GQDs and is therefore a key driver in the commercial applications to which GQDs can potentially be applied." "For comparison, metallic based Quantum Dots currently marketed by several Quantum Dots producers’ and used for high-end applications as listed above, exhibit quantum yields of 50- 60%."
    • "Multi kilogram production capacity of the enhanced GQD is attained with existing equipment installed at Dotz Nano’s facilities in Israel and a potential manufacturer partner capable of mass producing the main product has been identified."
    • "Dotz Nano continues to undertake research and development for large-scale manufacturing of cyan, green and yellow fluorescent GQDs with enhanced QY and look forward to updating the market on these key technological developments as they unfold."
    • GQDs are non toxic.
    • This recent development allows Dotz to compete in high value applications as well as the high volume market no one else is currently targeting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.