XJO 1.13% 7,555.8 s&p/asx 200

Thanks for setting up the thread Zonetrader. Will be great if it...

1. 1,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Thanks for setting up the thread Zonetrader. Will be great if it encourages more option traders to put their hand up and post.

Neo, appreciate the advice, you've accelerated a bit of learning for me. I was starting to wonder about whether the Tasty strategy worked on US markets only and not here. Also was considering whether I needed to trade the US markets instead as there seems a big gulf in the characteristics of each market.

I am definitely a technical trader though and far more comfortable forming a view on direction than chipping away at small probability gains. I'm not sure I have the time to commit to the Tasty way of doing things anyway. The issue with US markets for me though is I just don't understand the stocks and indices there the way I do here, as even though I trade technically I like to still apply a bit of judgement to each trade based on an understanding of a stock and the way it behaves. Oh well, nothings easy I guess.

I've been considering ratio trades and looked at a few but not yet comfortable with them. I'll keep working on that though, but want to trade a few simpler spreads first whilst I build up experience in Options.

Note I read that TD don't support Australian customers anymore and closed these accounts to new and working out existing accounts. IB seems the one's to go with from Australia although you have to trade through a company account not personal.

Thanks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.