EPN 0.00% 2.4¢ epsilon healthcare limited

What are peoples thoughts on THC outlook?, page-15

1. 653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    Lol, this is probably the most common phrase on HC spouted towards anyone who says they're thinking of selling shares in a stock. Don't patronise me, I'm well aware of what the MC space is and the potential this company has. But timeline is what's changed; it's constantly stretched and on any positive news releases we've seen barely a nudge followed by a drop. I've been too emotionally involved as it's the first share I invested in which is a mistake I've not made for any others, and it's the one that is under-performing as a result. There is a lot of manipulation on the ASX, and at the moment for THC it's on a downtrend. Also, I said I was only looking at selling part of my holding. That being the parcels which I bought at prices above the current SP.

The way I see it, is I have two options: a) I could buy more at the current price, increase my holdings and average down. This would only be a successful strategy if I saw a short term price rise; getting above my average. I don't see this happening.

b) I can sell down my expensive holdings, take the capital loss to offset future gains, and hope for a further drop in SP and buy back in then. For the same amount of cash I'd be able to buy a greater quantity of shares. I'm not talking over a 6 month time frame, more like +/- 2 weeks.

And if I miss out on a lower price and it goes up then woe is me. I'll use the funds for other shares which I've got interest in. I see it as win-win really.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.