BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

what are peoples views about the chinese visit

1. 1,454 Posts.
    Hi folks on Easter Sunday and my very best wishes to you all. What are peoples views of the proposed visit to China by Republic to follow on from the visit by Chinese mining company to Republic Gold.

As announced Republic Gold have proposed to visit China within the next four weeks to commence detailed discussions with the Chinese mining group on technical and financial issues.

The Chinese company have come here twice now and the last time included the Chairman. I Republic share price has held its own since the visit (given it is at a current cheap price) but also volumes of shares have been pretty low.

Not much information has been provided really about the visits or what the intentions are either company towards one another except you would say it seems pretty positive and friendly.

Will this be a possible joint venture or even a take over or what are peoples views? Republic would not be going over there for a holiday as if that was the case you may as well wait for the Olympics later this year. I know we can only guess a bit now as we have little to go on but it may be a significant development regarding Republics wish to move from Explorer to Miner. As such I thought the volume of shares traded may have increased but there does not seem too many holders that want to sell and likewise not a huge crew of buyers that want to get in before the visit to China.

Would you feel that after three visits there would be some signing etc of an MOU or some formalising of the relationship or is that too early. As I said we can only guess but it has me very interested in the next month or so. What do you reckon ladies and gentlemens.

Hoges in Darwin (sunny so far) and yes I am a supporter of and holder of RAU shares and options

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.