BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

what are peoples views about the chinese visit, page-2

1. 8,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Hi Hoges,

Yes ,well , and hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ...... probably sum up my response a bit at the moment.

Yes - I regard it as a positive event that the Chinese have been twice and that the second visit was led by the Chairman of the overall company. Pretty important status given IMHO therefore.

Well - the fact that Republic is going to China in about a months time certainly builds the anticipation of what might come from this next step. But we don't want to go counting our chickens on this (they might develop bird flu !)
    But the message is that discussions are about technical and financial aspects does indicate that the talks are getting sort of serious.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. - I doubt that there is going to be an attempted takeover of RAU. There could be an indication that if RAU can develop the resources of interest to a level where mining could be shown to be feasible then the Chinese could supply money or a partnership arrangement which may include access to nicely priced Chinese plant and machinery.

Until there is more detail I don't think there will be a huge reaction or increased share buying. There are a number of Chinese delegations from diffenet companies visiting other projects of other companies in Australia from what I understand at the moment so it may not excite that much response until more details of projects and Chinese participation emerge.

JK himself is being a lot more subdued in his comment. He has reduced his response level a bit from that slightly gleeful "Watch this Space" comment on BRR back a few months ago to a more sober observation about this next step.

So yes there are definitely positive vibes to be picked up but people just have adopted a cautious wait and see approach

Glad to hear you have some sun up there finally in Darwin Hoges

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.