FAR 5.15% 51.0¢ far limited

what are the chances of a single hole success, page-3

1. 1,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    IMO success rate, in this region of Africa, is better than 1 in 10.

Woodside in Mauritania had a better than 1 in 10 rate. Production from one structure only (Chinguetti ) but likely producion from Banda and Tiof in the future.

To the East and South Tullow is close to 100% success rate including the large Jubilee field.

The Jubilee field is at least a double decker and the most recent field extension found a new narrow oil layer not observed in the earlier discoveries.

FAR has already mentioned that it has targets in more than one horizon.

Tullow , Shell and others are exploring the analogous areas in South America where the two continents were once attached and the Geology is similar. It is unlikely IMHO that Senegal " in the middle " will be dry.

If Sveska and Delek are to be partners I believe the announcement will be within a couple of weeks as FAR obviosly checked out their leases and has more information available for them to digest.. Hence due diligence and paperwork shouldn'take long. A delay probably means M.E. is looking elsewhere.

IMO a well in the shallows ( Svenska ,Delek , Chinese) and one in the deep (Tullow, Exxon, Chinese etc.) is possible. Overall I'm hoping for two wells and given nearby success rates greater than 1 in 10 , I'm hopeful of a great 2010 ,although the deep well might not occur till 2011. Good luck to all and patience will be necessary if Svenska and Delek are not in the picture.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.025(5.15%)
Mkt cap ! $47.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 51.5¢ 49.0¢ $148.9K 293.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8410 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.5¢ 104070 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.13pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.