TLG 0.00% 43.0¢ talga group ltd

I don't think the supreme court itself has an inside track on...

1. 676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 625
    I don't think the supreme court itself has an inside track on what it is doing so I'd be very surprised if anyone on the outside does.

The short interest likely just an assumption the longer the lack of news goes on the more likely Talga need to raise money at the bottom. Given the inaction of the court shorters must be happy with the trade-off of slow move downwards vs the potential for sharp move upwards on positive news. I'd imagine there would be a few holders looking for an exit happy to sell into positive news and let the shorts cover. Quite a lot of churn at this level, hopefully building a bit of a base and it's not all UBS trading with themselves.

The fact that the company didn't do a snap capital raise before the end of the financial year or after the jump on SQM news is encouraging that they have reduced spending enough to show more than 2 quarters of cash in the next 4C, and/or there is something else close to being ready to announce that will negate the need for a cap raise below 50c - maybe some silicon development and investment? MT is usually fairly conservative with capital management so hopefully the lack of action on that front so far shows there is enough happening behind the scenes for them to have some confidence in sitting tight. If Talga is showing no sign on panic then I don't see a need for investors to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.