RJT 0.00% 0.9¢ rubicon japan trust

what are the risks, page-15

1. 2,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70
    Guys please re check your figures and go through the last time they reported. Their NTA was lower and gearing much higher than has been mentioned here I think.

If properties were 25% below where they have them marked it would smash their NTA and be way way way lower than 70c mentioned above.

Having said all that, I do not think all their properties are that far below their valuations. I haven't got time to go through everything in detail right now but maybe someone else has. Just check your figures guys.

Realistically I hope they can perhaps sell their largest property within 15% of their book value, and maybe then gearing can fall to a level where the banks will not have them by the balls, and hopefully this should keep NTA well north of 60 cents. That was what I was thinking last time I looked.

Now that they have the hedges off, a real key for the NTA in $A terms is performance of AUD/JPY. We need the yen to strengthen against aussie, personally I think there is a big chance of this happening.

BJT's property vals are only relevant to a certain degree. BJT's balance sheet is stronger, whereas RJT are virtually a forced seller for some of their properties, if you become a forced seller you will struggle to get the prices bandied about in those independant valuations.

i think it is a good spec buy but do not buy on basis of some figures in this thread..

"given an NTA of 97cps even a 50% drop in prices of the japanese property market (unlikely) we the shareholders are still ahead...."

the above is false, the company is heavily geared!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RJT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.