ATH 0.00% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

Sgsundy, I can agree in many ways with you ( not all ! ) and...

1. 2,805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 974
    Sgsundy, I can agree in many ways with you ( not all ! ) and that mistakes have been done by the management. The worst of them was the Imagine-study design. A lot of time and money was lost. But why was that mistake done was that their scientific advisers and science itself at that time supported that kind of design. They did not know enough, neither the management nor the scientists, but they did not find that themselves and made also others to believe what they told. Now it looks simple when there is more understanding. We do not know if there is enough knowledge today to solve the problem, but here we go. Perhaps this time! Management has started the PBT434 phase II study most likely according to the advice of scientists. At this time we all hope that the design will be optimal to demonstrate safety and efficacy. It is "easy" to get a drug to a pharmacy if it has a strong efficacy in phase II, the scientific evidence needs to be strong.

IMO there have been many other companies with potential AD, PD, etc. drugs by even big pharma without commercializing in 20 years. Many of the have top management teams. Many companies with better management perhaps, have stopped their development because there has not been enough science to support anything. Perhaps it could have been the right answer also to Prana at that time, but there was the Euro-study, etc. Any of these big and small companies would like to have a neurodegeneration drug. But the problem has been more complex, not enough knowledge and understanding to solve neurodegenerative diseases. That is why there is not yet a single drug to treat AD. The main reason is not poor management but of course, management has a role.

This sounds as I would be defending "stupid and ignorant" management. No, I am not. I am equally frustrated as most of us on this board. The last 3 years have been very bad, much too slow progression with much too high salaries both to Kempler and Stamler. Not a single scientific paper for 2.5 years, in spite of at least one PBT434 animal study, was performed almost 2 y ago. Earlier I have been misled by the scientific papers made by Prana´s advisers but to believe a single study is always risky and so my problem. I am not happy at all with the progress of PBT2 as an antibiotic, if there will ever be anything. I was not fond of big dilution. ETC.ETC.

But it does not help us at all if we blame the management here. Maybe it has a negative effect on the SP. What I have been doing is that I have e-mailed them and sometimes even phoned them (antibiotic issue) to get my "advice" to them. It has helped me in my frustration and perhaps has had some effect in ATHE, you never know. Many of you have done similar things, I suppose. Management is not my expertise at all and I do hope some of you with management skills will write them of those mistakes and give advice. Sometimes it looks like they have done something that I have recommended, perhaps. After the Rubidium paper in 2016, I did recommend to get patents as mitochondrion drugs, but I do not think they did that. It would be IMO a possibility to extend the patent life (?).

But I am still here and did not sell my shares because there is a possibility with PBT434 to be a mitochondrion drug for old organs hampered with iron overload in spite ATHE has not demonstrated any science about PBT434 to be it ( again a demonstration of poor management, Stamler not getting the paper done). If my speculation is true, I hope even a poor management team can get that to the market. In that Stamler has had skills. So the list above was based on my speculation and hope, not anything else and the references of each I have presented on this board earlier ( they are still there to be found). They are practically all based on the fact that PBT434 has demonstrated to be an iron chelator and according to phase 1 a safe drug to be tested in phase II. My list above is not at all defending the management, at least it was not at all my purpose. Almost opposite. In fact, I have been hoping that they would open a bit what other indications they can see ATHE to have with their 2 safe molecules. There are some hints about this in the annular review. Let us see if we will get any news in this respect.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $203.0K 45.14M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
104 103311567 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 31829254 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.53am 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.