SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

what are they now, page-42

1. 8,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Hi All.

How big a deal is it to mine 50 million tonnes per annum from one mine pit?

Wednesday 30th December 2009.Rio Tinto Mines 50mn tonnes from single mine.

Rio Tinto mined more than 50 million tonnes of iron ore,or a quarter of its total output this year,from a single mine in Western Australia for the FIRST TIME as demand for raw material recovered.
    The Yandicoogina mine in the Pilbara,one of a handful worked by Rio Tinto,achieved the figure after operating at about a 40 million tonnes a year rate until April,the company said today.

Cameroon key assets.

Mining Sector.
    Gold at least 140 targets.

Diamonds 17 targets 9 of which are found in the vast gold bearing corridor.

Gem:At least 5 good sapphire targets were discovered in the sedimentary series of the Gulf of Mamfe.

Graphite: 5 shows at least are found in the Lom series around Betare Oya,East Doula.

Titanium more than 65 targets were discovered,most of the targets expressed in the form of Rutile and associated to Disthene and Garnet.
    Cameroon are the 2nd World reserve after Sierra Leone.

Aluminium:6 Bauxite occurrences and deposits were discovered among which the Mini Martap Deposit of 1,116 billion tons with 43.7% of Aluminia and 1.8% of Silica.Geological reserves for this deposit can be estimated at 2 billion tons.This potential is the 5th or 6th World Wide.

Oil: There are 3 Sedimentary oil-bearing basins:Rio del Rey,Doula/Kribi-Campo.

Natural Gas: Gas accompanies oil in all the basins seen above.However,very large concentrations were discovered in Doula/Kribi-Campo.These reserves are evaluated at 115 billion m3 including 86% of non-associated gas and 14% of gas cape.If we include uncertified reserves,the resource will exceed 225 billion m3.

Uranium:About 50 targets have been discovered.

Iron: Approximately 25 iron targets and deposits have been discovered.

Cobalt: 6 occurrences and deposits covering 240mc.
    Two other occurrences have been revealed in Ngoila and MBALAM.

Nickel: Beyond the Niclel deposits associated with Laterite Cobalt on Serpentinites;other 27 Nickel occurrences were discovered in relation to the iron-bearing furrows.

Tin: 17 occurrences were revealed among which the Mayo Darle deposit.

Regards
    Westcott.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.