What are you recycling, are you relieving climate change?, page-22

1. 35,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

I'm not in favor of moving away from plastic. It's too useful a product I think. Yes, it would be great if we can replace some of it with some kind of renewable resource i.e paper. But , I'm not sure that's practical

What I am in favor of is plastic that is totally recyclable. It seems that for some reason not all plastic can be recycled. That's the first thing that should be sorted out.
    Then we should have more biodegradable plastics for nappy liners etc. This can all be done I believe. Yes, it might be a little more expensive initially, but the payoff is huge. Not just for making the place cleaner but also preserving such a valuable resource.

One day future generations will look back and say " you burnt all that oil and gas ? " . " You only got to use it once ? "

Just like we used to burn timber for heat. It was no doubt great at the time but we soon learned there was a better way.
    I don't expect it to happen tomorrow but I reckon if we focused more on recycling and better designed plastics, we'd get there soon enough.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.