OXR oxiana limited

what can oz minerals buy that is the question, page-66

1. 1,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    now that was some good reads in there.Thank you for all the info. I must say i dont follow that many companies that closely. By having $1.7b in the bank with oz mineral with a market cap of $9b. I reckon the big boys will run the rules through us and bid quicker than we will have time to expand and acquire other companies.

If i am not wrong roughly 20% of the market cap is cash or equivalent? In reality if the companies bid for oz, say 33% which would put the bid at $12b and taking away the cash, it means the big is literally only $10b. Now considering the following facts:
    1) zinc is bottoming and having low cost quality mines will be great in the longer run ie after 2010.
    2) higher gold prices for the future since gold production is declining everywhere and higher inflation which will increase higher holdings in Gold.
    3) Copper from PH will be a winner and higher prices will be expected because US economy will recover next year and that spells better for the rest of the world. Developing 7 countries will only grow bigger. Natural disasters and strikes will keep a floor on the price.

It wont surprise me if a bidding war will come for oz mineral after the new financial year. The tax selling might continue til the 30th then the average monthly price will be lower which is the normal price + premium that companies use to bid.

I welcome any comments and thoughts. Personally I would prefer the companies to wait til bhp/rio takeover to finish then buy their assets which would all in productions.

I am of the thought that we might not survive that long pass the merger.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.