HYD 8.33% 1.3¢ hydrix limited

Hi All Not only is the sensitivity and the portability an...

1. 78 Posts.
    Hi All

Not only is the sensitivity and the portability an important factor, so is reliability.

Once device is manufactured it is then tested for true positives/false positives and true negatives/false negatives readings. This is measured as a probability. For example in the case of true positives/false positives the device will be continually tested till it hits a false positive. (when testing for the presence of a particular molecule.) The device must also be able to tested for the absence of molecules (to give a clear reading) therefore the device must be tested for true negatives/false negatives.

The point I'am trying to make here is, in the case of the washing machine where it only has a maximum of 7 to 8 cantilevers if one of those cantilevers gave you a false positive, you would still consider the reading as positive because you got 7 other cantilevers testing positive. But you will still have a bit doubt about the result. If you were to use PSY's sensor with 300 cantilevers and only one cantilever gave you false positive you would still consider the reading as positive but will have little or no doubt about the results. Now both products gave you same end result but if asked which device is more reliable you would have to say PSY's device.

HOW CAN IT NOT BE THE NEW STANDARD!

Other factors to consider that also affect the reliability are the sensing device, delivery of molecule and recalibration of sensor just to mention some I'am sure there's more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HYD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.